- 5 min commute to Bank, 7 min to Canary Wharf;
- Modern, airy open plan layout;
- Plenty of storage space;
- Within easy reach of Whitechapel Station and the upcoming Crossrail service (Elizabeth line);
- Secure bycicle storage
35% share – £143,500
Full Market Value – £410,000
Service charges: £184.04
Area: 68m2 (732 sq ft)
This spacious, airy flat is on the second floor of a small block in a quiet cul-de-sac one minute away from Shadwell DLR and Overground stations. Canary Wharf is a short 7 minutes away by DLR, and Bank is one stop away on the DLR (or 25 minutes on foot). Whitechapel station is also within easy reach, and soon to be served by the new Crossrail service. The excellent restaurants of Wapping, Brick Lane, and St. Katharine’s Docks are also close by.
Entry phone system and stairs to the second floor leads to the entrance door. Once inside the welcoming hallway leads to the two double bedrooms, a three piece bathroom, and a delightful open planned reception/dining area and spacious fitted kitchen opening out into a small but pleasant balcony frequented by blue tits and the occasional robin. The main bedroom has been improved by the addition of a double built-in wardrobe that optimises the space available, while the other rooms have had shelving added, including a large set of bookshelves in the livingroom. Further storage space is available in the two cupboards in the hallway.
The flat is well insulated (heating is rarely necessary) and benefits from access to a roof terrace – very handy for sun bathing. It also benefits from the convenience of a security desk / concierge service shared with two neighbouring buildings.
· Household income must not exceed £80,000 (outside of London) or £90,000 (in London)
· Must pass the One Housing financial assessment (done after receiving the application, which can only be submitted after viewing the property)
· No cash buyers
· No pets
· Applicants must be able to afford their purchase, and sustain their housing costs
· Applicants are primarily expected to be first time buyers, though some applicants who own or have previously owned a home may be eligible, including existing shared owners
· Applicants must be unable to purchase a property suitable to meet their needs on the open market
· Priority will be given to Armed Forces personnel (serving military personnel and former members of the British Armed Forces discharged in the last 2 years) and then on a first come first serve basis
Please be advised that if all applicants meet the criteria above the property will be offered on a first come first serve basis, this means that the first eligible applicant who submits an application will be nominated as the buyer.